You do not need to contact me to ask permission to print a bunch of my coloring pages for your school, church, or free event. I am glad to offer them. Please use the Paypal button to make your donation. See the permissions and restrictions statement in the footer for more details.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Proverbs 1:7, The Fear Of The Lord, Printable Coloring Page

This is a free Proverbs 1:7 Printable Coloring Page.

This is a printable picture to color a popular verse of scripture from the book of Proverbs. It teaches us that wisdom begins with a healthy respect for who God is. Some translations of the Bible use other words like respect instead of fear. But God is awesome and great, so there is a logical reason to have a holy fear of Him. 

The picture is a little like an illuminated text but not overdone, or else you would not be able to color it in. It is a great kids' craft or coloring page for adults to enjoy too.

Adults may like to color this too. Coloring in the scripture helps you memorize it, and when it is displayed, it is a reminder of God's Word.

SCROLL DOWN TO ACCESS THE FREE PDF.

Proverbs 1:7 says,  

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Proverbs 1:7.

THE ART
I spent a long time drawing this coloring page, and I had to trace parts of it several times. I printed the words and then traced them onto the picture but changed them to look more like something you might see on an ancient illuminated page. I finished it on the computer to clean things up and add the straight lines of the frame bars. I like the way it turned out, and I hope you like it. 

PRINTING
If you have trouble printing the image below or are printing on A-4 sized paper, CLICK HERE to visit my how-to-print page. I have some helpful tips for you there. There is a link below that may print better if you have problems.

BECOME A SUBSCRIBER AND RECEIVE A KIDS' MAGAZINE EACH WEEK

Support my coloring pictures blog through Patreon with a monthly gift of $3.50. As my Thank-You,  you will receive BIBLE TIME FUN WEEKLY, a printable children's activity magazine.  (CLICK HERE and see a list of free samples). These will contain the BONUS pages available only to patrons. Click the button below.


Thank You!

Printable Proverbs 1:7 coloring page, The Fear Of The Lord 

I create these coloring pages because I love God's Holy Word, and I hope they are a blessing for you. 


Thank You!

You might like this Proverbs 10:12 printable color page; CLICK HERE.

The file above is like a photo, and it can be a little fuzzy, but the file below is digital and will look better if you have trouble with the one above. 

👉👉👉 CLICK HERE for a file in a universal format, (PDF).

FOR MORE COLORING PAGES

I have many more coloring pages. To go to a list of direct links to hundreds of my coloring pages CLICK HERE

COLOR THE PICTURE
There are a lot of things that you can do to make this coloring page beautiful. Children like to color the picture with crayons but if you use fine-tipped markers or colored pencils like my favorite, Prismacolor, to get into the smaller areas. You can find Prismacolor pencils at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. (I always look for coupons online.) The letters can be colored in different colors. The border can be multiple colors, with one color for the frame and a contrasting color for the oak leaves.  I like to do a little shading in the background, so it looks like parchment before I do the letters. There are Paisley designs around the border that can be a colorful combination of colors. The frame bars can be a secondary color. You can color the words with a fine-tipped marker or a colored pencil. 
Free Bible Activity Mini-Magazine for Kids

Blessings, and Thank You.
(C) A. E. Dozat. 4/16/16
Isaiah 55:10-11


Please support my Bible art through Patreon, and each week you will receive BIBLE TIME FUN WEEKLY as my thank-you.
Use the button below.